20 questions is a fun short interview with our artists, this week we get in the mind of Toby.
Toby has been living in wellington for a good few years now, he’s a known figure in the skating community and does the smoothest black and grey neo traditional tattoos in wellington.
1. How Long have you been tattooing?
2. How old were you when you got your first tattoo?
I was 19.
3. Where did you get it?
Heath Todds private studio.
4. What’s your favourite style to tattoo?
5. Who are your favourite tattoo artists?
6. Who are your favourite artists?
7. What’s your favourite thing about working at Union?
8. What’s the most common question you get asked everyday?
“whats the weirdest tattoo you’ve ever done”
9. Who do you look up to?
Dean Sacred – constantly pushing himself and his art style
10.How do you stay inspired?
It comes and goes , the hardest thing is to push through when your not inspired and still create something your happy with.
11.What’s your favourite brunch spot in wellington?
12. What are your favourite things to do on a day off?
13. What’s you favourite movie?
The original Oldboy (the korean version not the Josh Brolin one)
14. Favourite book?
15. Favourite Album?
Thom Yorke, the eraser
16. Pineapple on or off pizza?
17. Are you a cat or dog person?
I have a cat now but love dogs, as soon as I get a place that I can have one at.
18.Long black or flat white?
I don’t drink coffee
19. Indian curry or thai curry?
20. What would your last meal be if you were on death row?
Slow cooked beef brisket